Sunday, November 27, 2016

November Owlcrate Review

Owlcrate is a monthly box subscription that is based around the box's theme of the month. The themes usually focus on a Young Adult series and have items that go with that series. For example, in  July 2016 Owlcrate had a theme of Good vs Evil box; if you got an evil box you were given a Draco Malfoy POP figure by Funko or if you got the Good box you were given a Luna Lovegood POP figure by Funko. A typical Owlcrate box includes a box based on the month's theme along with 3-5 book/nerdy/fun items that tie in with the book in the Owlcrate and theme.
The cost of an Owlcrate is $29.99 a month plus shipping and the box usually ships around the 20th of each month. Another great part of the Owlcrate is that you can buy it as a gift for someone! It's a perfect birthday, Christmas or anniversary gift for any book lover!

The theme of November’s Owlcrate: Wonderland. The Wonderland box features products by Authored Adornments, Evie Bookish Rock Paper Books and Riddle's Tea & Curiosities

Fabulous Magnet by Evie Bookish which
 I can't wait to put on my fridge! 

Tea by Riddle's Tea & Curiosities 

Book and bookmark by Rock Paper Books

Bookmark which I love! One of my favorite quotes of Alice's. 

And the book in the Wonderland Owlcrate is:
I had a feeling it would Marissa Meyer's new book Heartless, based on the Queen of Hearts. 

Overall thoughts: I was really excited for the November Owlcrate because I love the theme and I thought the book was great, but again I was bit frustrated because I don't think they include items that everyone uses. I really liked the bookmark and the revision book of Alice in Wonderland but I would of preferred another item. The tea was a really great add on that fit in with the theme but unfortunately I do not drink tea. I did like the box overall and I'm really excited to read Heartless but I wish Owlcrate would put more variety into it. 

My rating: 4/5
Next month's theme is: 
Epic! 

Till next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment