Thursday, December 29, 2016

December Owlcrate Review

Owlcrate is a monthly box subscription that is based around the box's theme of the month. The themes usually focus on a Young Adult series and have items that go with that series. For example, in  July 2016 Owlcrate had a theme of Good vs Evil box; if you got an evil box you were given a Draco Malfoy POP figure by Funko or if you got the Good box you were given a Luna Lovegood POP figure by Funko. A typical Owlcrate box includes a box based on the month's theme along with 3-5 book/nerdy/fun items that tie in with the book in the Owlcrate and theme.


The cost of an Owlcrate is $29.99 a month plus shipping and the box usually ships around the 20th of each month. Another great part of the Owlcrate is that you can buy it as a gift for someone! It's a perfect birthday, Christmas or anniversary gift for any book lover! 


The theme of December's Owlcrate was: Epic! Featuring love for the Lord of Rings, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter and the Chronicles of Narnia! 



The first item of the Epic themed December Owlcrate was a small, cute Vinyl Figure from Harry Potter!
 Each box is random and I got Voldemort! 
Evil but cute looking! 

The second item was a really cool 
Lord of the Rings pin by Jane Mount!  

The third item was something I adore and love, Game of Throne coasters! I am totally Team Targaryen and Stark! 


The next item was this beautiful card based off one my favorite and iconic scenes from the Chronicles of Narnia.


Cute Owlcrate pin and V.E. Schwab sticker.


And the book of Epic box is:


I'm so excited to dive into this! 

Overall thoughts: I really liked this month's Owlcrate! I liked all the nods to Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of Narnia. To me all of those series are Epic so I thought it fit perfectly into the theme. I thought Owlcrate did a great job and I'm very excited to read a Young Adult book that focuses on a different kind of relationship. 


My rating: 5/5 shells

January's theme is: 

No comments:

Post a Comment