Sunday, April 30, 2017

April Owlcrate Review

Owlcrate is a monthly box subscription that is based around the box's theme of the month. The themes usually focus on a Young Adult series and have items that go with that series. For example, in  July 2016 Owlcrate had a theme of Good vs Evil box; if you got an evil box you were given a Draco Malfoy POP figure by Funko or if you got the Good box you were given a Luna Lovegood POP figure by Funko. A typical Owlcrate box includes a box based on the month's theme along with 3-5 book/nerdy/fun items that tie in with the book in the Owlcrate and theme.


The cost of an Owlcrate is $29.99 a month plus shipping and the box usually ships around the 20th of each month. Another great part of the Owlcrate is that you can buy it as a gift for someone! It's a perfect birthday, Christmas or anniversary gift for any book lover! 


The theme for April's Owlcrate is Head Over Heels!
I absolutely love Head Over Heels card for this month's Owlcrate! It's gorgeous and I honestly plan on framing it. I also love how they included drawings of past books they've used in previous Owlcrates! Clever and cute! 

The first item in the April Owlcrate is a key chain created by Bookworm Boutique featuring a quote from Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda.  

Owlcrate exclusive mini book.

A candle from Novelly Yours inspired from Rainbow Rowell's novels. 
Tea from The Tea Spot inspired by Anna and the French Kiss.


A gorgeous printed created by Evie Bookish featuring a quote from A Court of Thorns and Roses.

My favorite item from April's Owlcrate is a gorgeous headband from Storiarts featuring Pride and Prejudice which is one of my favorite books EVER. 

The book of the Head Over Heels Owlcrate is The Upside of Unrequited by Becky ALbertalli.

Overall thoughts: Sigh. I love Owlcrate, I do; I love looking forward to getting Owlcrate goodness every month HOWEVER, I've been a subscriber for almost a year now and I feel as if Owlcrate is recycling the same items every few months. I also don't think there is enough variety, I know I probably the only woman on Earth who doesn't drink coffee or tea but I feel like there's something tea related in almost every box. Same goes for the candles! I love the idea of candles however I am allergic to almost every dang candle in the world! There has to be something that mix things up, I love Owlcrate, I think it's a fantastic subscription box but something needs to change.  

And the theme of May's Owlcrate is.....

My Rating: 2/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment