Thursday, May 4, 2017

TBR Thursday Meme

Happy Thursday! I am starting a new weekly book blogging meme, TBR Thursday!

From Kimberly Faye Reads: This weekly feature is a great way to spotlight a title that’s been sitting on my shelves (virtual or otherwise) for some time for various reasons. I’m also going to ask for you input on whether or not I should read it or just stick it back on the shelf. Sometimes it seems like everyone is reading the same books at the same time and older titles have a way of just fading from the radar. I love the idea of featuring an older title and, of course, getting a chance to talk about it with other bloggers and readers.
TBRThursday

Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Image result for heartless by marissa meyer
Basics: Heartless was released on November 8th 2016, published by Feiwel & Friends and is 453 pages long. 

Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy, Romance, Retellings.

Description: Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland and a favorite of the unmarried King, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, she wants to open a shop and create delectable pastries. But for her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for a woman who could be a queen.


At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the King’s marriage proposal, she meets handsome and mysterious Jest. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into a secret courtship.

Cath is determined to choose her own destiny. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.

Why Heartless is still on my TBR: I am a HUGE fan of Marissa Meyer and I was so excited to receive a copy of Heartless through my Owlcrate subscription. However, with the upcoming holidays and travel I just got too distracted I think! I love the Young Adult genre so much but I was really disappointed by several YA books in 2016 and I've had a hard time reading any YA books since then. Eeek! 

So! Have you read Heartless?
Should I finally take Heartless off my shelf and read it?
Or is Heartless going to join my never ending list of: "I'll read that book someday but someday is never going to come." 

Let me know your thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment